Your first steps to become a Freemason in Surrey.
How to join your local Masonic lodge.
Hopefully you have found the WANT TO KNOW MORE website informative enough to make the decision to join a Freemasons lodge in Surrey?
We do have a questions and answers section that can assist you further.
- You must be aged over 21 years. (There are University Schemes for applicants aged over 18 years).
- Be an honest man of good moral character.
- Have a belief in a Supreme Being (that is personal to you).
- Able to commit to giving up some free time.*
The first step to becoming a Freemason in Surrey:
- Once you have looked around the website apply online here.
- Visit your nearest lodge to meet lodge and committee members.
- Ask questions.
- Visit when you can to get to know members of the lodge.
The process of joining a Freemasons Lodge:
Each lodge will have its own way of doing things but essentially each follow the same principal.
As much as you can, visit the lodge, or meet socially to get to know Lodge members and their family.
They will want to find out about you and you will want to make sure the lodge is right for you.
Do speak with your family about joining Freemasonry in Surrey. Their support is equally important.
Should you be successful the lodge will ask you to attend for an interview and your application will be completed.
Your application will be read out at the next meeting of the Lodge and a date will be set for you to become a Freemason.
During this time it is generally the Secretary or Membership Officer who will keep you informed at each stage.
Good luck in your application!
*Freemasons attend at least four meetings per year. During the Masonic season. They also meet for Lodge of Instruction (LofI) most weeks where rehearsals for forthcoming meetings are practised and Masonic knowledge is gained by new members.