What you need to know before making an application to join the Freemasons in Surrey.
Freemasonry is open to men from all walks of life, regardless of their station in life, personal circumstances or background. However there are a few things you need to know if you are considering applying for membership of a Freemasons Lodge in Surrey……
- Membership is only open to men over the age of 21 years (18 if you are the son of a Mason or at University.
- All Freemasons are required to have a belief in a Supreme Being.
- You must be able to commit some time to meetings.
- You should have the blessing of your family and discuss your intentions with them.
- All Freemasons are required to obey the law and to be good citizens.
- Freemasons are specifically prohibited from using their masonic affiliations to further their own (or anyone else’s) business interests.
- Freemasons regularly donate money at each meeting to Charity. No one, however, is asked to donate more than they can afford.
- A Freemason’s first duty is always the well-being of his family.